Wenco Heavy Engineering division encompasses vessel manufacture, plate work fabrication, dished ends and knuckle manufacture, section and plate rolling and pressing, heat treatment and specialised equipment hire.
The Heavy Engineering division strives to maintain industry leadership in the supply of products and services of the highest quality. Many of our customers are familiar with our rolling and pressing capabilities, while others are familiar with the additional services we provide including heavy handling, machining and welding services that we incorporate into the manufacture of items such as:
- Pressure Vessels
- Knuckles & Complex Curves
- Torispherical& Semi-Ellipsoidal Ends
- Spheres & Hemi-Spheres
- Offshore Monopods / Jackets
- Piles, Shoes & Nodes
- Fabricated Structures
- Manufacturing pressure vessels - Wenco are on the Water Corporation approved panel for Unfired Pressure Vessels.
- Vessel components – specialising in Dished and Flanged/Domed Ends/Heads and Knuckles.
- Heat Treatment / Stress Relieving to AS4458 – competitive rates and deliveries.
- Hire Equipment including Rotators, Welding Booms & Manipulator Turntables
- Site Services - mechanical processes include bolt ups, structural assemblies and commissioning.
- Wenco is ISO 9001/2008 quality certified and are currently working towards OH&S and Environmental certification, as well as NATA accreditation for Hydrostatic Pressure Testing.
- Our machining shop has lathes, borers, planers, radial arm drills and milling machines of various sizes.
Our flanging machines are capable of forming Torispherical and Semi-Ellipsoidal Heads up from 750 ID to 7 meters in diameter and 40mm thick. These heads are manufactured to AS1210 and will meet tolerances specified by the client.
Our various presses can handle any type of forming from large sections like 610 UB to complex curves like Convex Weld Bands. We can remove shafts from heads and bearings from housings.
Our hydraulic pressing capacities include:
- 1 x 2000 tonne capacity brake press x 6200mm bed
- 2 x 600 & 1 x 200 tonne capacity brake presses x 3600mm bed
- 1 x 450 & 2 x 200 tonne capacity ‘C’ press for hot work (knuckles)
- 1 x 450 & 1 x 750 tonne capacity dishing press with manipulator
Fabrication & Hire Equipment
Huge range of Sub Arc Welders, Processing, Rotators, Turn-Tables
Our horizontal plate rollers handle from 300 mm diameter with plate widths up to 3200 mm and plate thickness up to 100 mm+.
Sectional rolling is performed with 6 sets of vertical section rolls for angle, channel, flat bar, rhs, shs, universal beams and columns up to 360 mm the hard way. Pipe rolling from 15 mm NB to 500 mm NB.
Heat Treatment Services
Wenco Heat Treatment facilities operate 24/7. Our heavy engineering workshop enables all size loads up to 80 tonnes.
- Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT)
- Stress Relieving
Our NATA calibrated equipment ensures our clients will receive accurate programming endorsed by a data logged report.
Our team has over 20 years' experience, we can offer solutions to your technical requirements which will maximise the cost effectiveness.
We can satisfy your needs with a 24 hour turnaround.
Wenco prides itself on its competitiveness, contact us today and we will do everything we can to make your project as cost effective as possible whilst ensuring high quality and fast turn arounds are met.